Effective 30 November 2011
Information we collect
MVIS or our service providers may collect information through this Site, such as information you provide when you:
- request or register for a product, service, or newsletter;
- contact MVIS with questions; or
- enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, or complete a survey or poll.
This information may include personal information including but not limited to your name, company, title, address, e-mail address, phone number, payment information, and issues or areas of interest.
We or a service provider may use "cookies", web server logs, web beacons, or other electronic tools to collect information about you, such as:
- IP address;
- browser type;
- operating system;
- computer platform;
- information about your mobile device;
- geo-location data; and
- the state or country from which you accessed this Site.
- the web pages visited;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting this Site;
- the number of links you click within this Site;
- the functions you use on this Site;
- the databases you view and the searches you request on this Site; and
- the data you save on, or download from, this Site, etc.
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Likewise, most mobile devices allow you to disable the ability for geo-location information to be collected from your mobile device. The help function on most browsers and mobile devices contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies, disable cookies entirely, or disable the collection of geo-location data. However, note that certain functions of this Site may not function properly if you disable cookies.
How we use your information
MVIS uses the information collected through this Site, including your personal information and information about your use of this Site, in the following ways:
- to enhance your experience with this Site;
- to save your preferences and login information;
- to provide you with the services, products, or information that you request;
- to communicate with you (e.g. about updates to your accounts, products, or services, or to provide information about products or services in which you have indicated an interest);
- to conduct research and analysis (e.g., analyze and compile statistics about your use of this Site and other websites, and produce data analytics and reports containing only anonymous and aggregate information that we may share with third parties for their own use); and
- to provide information, special offers, and promotions to you regarding products and services offered by us, our affiliates, or nonaffiliated third parties.
We may also use such information as otherwise required or permitted by law or with your consent.
How we share your information
MVIS may share your personal or other information with our affiliates for their own marketing and other purposes as permitted or required by law.
We may share your personal information with nonaffiliated third parties as permitted or required by law, including:
- with our service providers that help us to operate our business (e.g., to deliver the information, products, or services requested by you, to perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection, and to provide you with special offers or promotions from MVIS);
- with a purchaser of MVIS (or its assets), so it may continue to serve you;
- to comply with legal orders (e.g., a subpoena or court order), government requests, or other legal process;
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of MVIS or others;
- to enforce any terms of service or agreement on or related to this Site;
- to operate MVIS systems properly; and
- any other sharing to which you consent.
We may also share your personal information with nonaffiliated third parties for their use to produce data analytics and reports containing only anonymous and aggregate information that they, in turn, may share with other third parties for their own use.
Accuracy and security of Personal Information
Any of your personal information collected by MVIS through this Site is kept on secure servers. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to protect your personal information on such servers. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of any username and password you set up in connection with your use of this Site.
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
To access, review, rectify, or delete personal information collected about you through this Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use your username and password to access the web page on this Site designated for this purpose. All e-mail requests must include the following information: first name, last name, and e-mail address. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such access requests, if permitted or required by applicable laws.
Transfer of Personal Information to other countries
Links to third-party websites
This Site may include links to third-party websites. Since we do not control third-party websites and are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing any of your information on such sites.